Blue Card Changes
Changes to the Blue Card system commenced on 31 August 2020. These changes will affect applicants, card holders and organisations.
- NO CARD / NO START – This has always been the rule for volunteers
- Adult Members / Volunteers must have Positive Blue Card before commencing to ‘Provide a service’ to the Youth Members.
- Adult Members / Volunteers whose Blue Card has expired, and a renewal application has not been submitted, CANNOT attend. This also applies to anyone who has a Paid Blue Card with their work.
- ONLINE FORMS
- All new, renewal and exemption applications will be completed on an online form direct to Blue Card Services. Instructions for the new online application can be found below in the blue panel.
- Instructions to link a current Positive Blue Card can be found below in the green panel.
- NEW 4 DAY RULE
- As per the new Girl Guides Australia Child Safe Child Friendly policy, parents and/or guests who volunteer to ‘Provide a service’ to the Youth Members for more than 4 days in a calendar year MUST hold a Blue Card.
- As a casual volunteer you will need to complete the Girl Guides Queensland QR check-in code each time you attend Guides. After 4 check-ins you will receive an email with details of your requirements.
- Also as per the new Girl Guides Australia Child Safe Child Friendly policy, you will be required to apply for a National Police check.
- Parents who will not meet this new rule, are not required to hold a Blue Card or apply for the National Police check.
- All parents helping at a sleep over or camp MUST hold a Blue Card and current National Police check.
- POLICE AND TEACHER EXEMPTION CARDS
- Police Officers and Teachers are not required to hold a Blue Card for their primary employment.
- They must hold a Blue Card for any other employment or as a volunteer.
- Due to their Police or Teacher registration, they are eligible to apply for an exemption Blue Card.
- This exemption Blue Card will have an expiry date and photo.
- Exemption cards issued prior to 31/08/2020 now have an expiry date of 31/08/2023 and will need to be renewed prior to that date.
To apply for or renew your Blue Card, please complete the following steps:
- Click on the following link to access the Blue Card application site;
- Review the Eligibility and Proof of Identity requirements then scroll down to the Blue 'Apply Now' button.
- Complete all sections of the Registration for an online account. Take note of your account number
a. NEW OR EXPIRED BC APPLICATION –
- Please provide your online account number, the name of the District volunteering with, photo of your licence (back and front), mobile phone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org for GGQ to complete the connection to your online account and to create a GGQ database record
- Blue Card Services will send you an SMS or email to complete your application after the connection is established
b. RENEWING BC APPLICATION –
- After you have created your online account number, proceed to Start renewal application
- Confirm that you are a volunteer and that your primary volunteer organisation is Girl Guides Queensland
- Complete the Declaration
Please follow the Patrol System if you need assistance in completing the online application
- Blue Card Services will notify yourself and GGQ of the outcome of your application
To link a current Positive Blue Card to GGQ, please read the information below and complete the following steps:
- CURRENT MEMBERS OR VOLUNTEERS - Blue Card Services will notify GGQ if current members or volunteers renew their BC prior to its expiry. The established link carries on with the renewal application.
- NEW MEMBERS – Please send a copy of the Positive Blue Card with the Adult Membership form. GGQ will establish a volunteer association link to the Blue Card during the membership processing.
- NEW VOLUNTEERS – Please email (email@example.com) name of District volunteering with, daughter’s name if appropriate, mobile number and email address and copies of the Positive Blue Card and front and back of the volunteer's drivers licence so that a new volunteer database profile can be created. GGQ will establish a volunteer association link during the database process.
- Blue Card Services will notify the member or volunteer that the link has been established to their card.