State Volunteer Positions
GGQ Board Casual Vacancy
The Board of Girl Guides Queensland has a Casual Vacancy position open and is seeking expressions of interest for an appointed Director.
With a membership and volunteer base of close to 6000 strong, this appointment comes at a crucial time for the Guiding movement in Queensland as we navigate COVID-19 and recovery of the NFP sector.
Girl Guides Queensland is in the second year of a three-year strategic plan and the Board have approved an ambitious work program to realise its vision. The term is from appointment until the AGM in March 2021.
To be eligible for the Casual Vacancy Board member, a person must be a member of State Council and have been so for at least 12 months prior. The Board Member is required to model the GGA Code of Conduct and be responsible for adhering to the GGQ’s Policies and Procedures and Girl Guides Australia as they relate to her role, so far as they are consistent with the Constitution and policies of Girl Guides Queensland.
The GGQ board is keen to hear from interested persons who (as described in the Board Governance Charter; 2.6 Qualification for member of the board: here)
- Have a broad range of experience, expertise, skills and contacts relevant to Guides Queensland
- Proven ability to work constructively as a member of a Board or Committee
- Good communication, negotiation, and networking skills
- Capability to commit necessary time on the board
- Are supportive of the strategic plan
- Have experience in providing strategic oversight and in making governance level decisions
- Understand director’s duties and corporate governance responsibilities
- Commitment to the mission of Girl Guides Australia
The GGQ are actively seeking persons with skills and relationship management in Fundraising, Marketing, Branding and/or Corporate Partnerships.
People under 30 years are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please complete the QF.AD.01 State Position Nomination Form with further information to support your application and send to email@example.com. Applications may be retained and considered for any additional casual vacancies which become available between now and the next AGM.
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 5 June 2020
Selection: All candidates will be shortlisted and reviewed by the Board.