Casual Vacancy Board Director
Do you love Guiding and how it empowers girls and young women?
Do you want to make a difference in Guiding in Queensland?
Have you wondered what the GGQ Board does?
Here is your opportunity to answer all the above.
The Girl Guides Queensland Board has a vacancy for a Casual Board Director through to March 2024.
What’s in it for YOU
- Have a positive impact on Guiding in your state.
- Put your knowledge of what it takes to be a Guide into practice.
- Gain valuable experience as a Board member.
- Personal growth and professional development.
- Make an impressive addition for your resume.
You will have a passion for all things Guiding, a high degree of professional integrity and proven skills in collaboration.
You will be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- IT, Data security, Digital Safety
- Corporate Partnership Development
- Government Relations and advocacy
- Marketing, Brand Promotion and Sponsorship
- Board meetings: One board meeting a month (except December & January)
- Preparatory work: Board members will need to allocate time for preparatory work before the meetings. This may involve reading relevant meeting materials.
- Additional project/committee work: Depending on your interest and availability, you may have the opportunity to contribute to specific projects or committees that align to your expertise and interest.
Application Closing Date: 9th July 2023
Download Application Form here.
The Board encourages all Adult Members to apply, regardless of age.
Want to know more or apply?
Follow this link for more detailed information on the Casual Board Director role and application process.
Please send your application and a photo to [email protected].
If you have any questions about joining the GGQ Board, please contact the Nominations Committee members at [email protected].
We invite you to take a moment to listen to these videos from our former board members about their experience:
Reflections of Board Director Grace Munro